5 Ways to Use Tips in Your Marketing Efforts
I'm a big fan of "how to" tips. Whenever I'm waiting in line at the grocery store, nothing grabs my attention faster than magazine covers that read "8 tips for this" or "10 sure-fire ways to do that." In today's fast-paced climate, information that's easy to digest and use is always welcome.
As a small or mid-sized business, you also can harness the power of tips to connect with your customers, grow your website traffic or e-newsletter subscribers, and position yourself as a leader in your industry. The great thing about tips is that they can be used for almost any business focus. For example, if you operate a restaurant, your tips could include "5 easy steps to mouthwatering barbecue." If you own a hair salon, your tips might be "3 ways to beat frizz during the summer heat" or 7 steps to sizzlin 'summer color. " Once you've drafted your tips, here are five easy ways for you to use the information during your marketing efforts:
1. Place the tips in a highly visible area at your business location and package them in a way that invites customers to take the information with them.
2. Add an ongoing instructions section to your website.
3. Incorporate the tips into your customer e-newsletter (if you do not have one, use the tips to get started).
4. Offer your tips to local newspaper or magazine outlets. The information may spark a story or be used as an addition to other stories on your submission's subject.
5. Use the tips as a fun way to connect with customers. People love to share what they know. Ask your customers to add to your tips or submit their own.
The best part about tips is that they are a low-cost, high-impact marketing tool. All it takes is a little creativity and knowing what information will be helpful to your customers.